Get a taste of the unknown Australia through its spectacular High Country. Bound by the Victorian Alps, the Murray River and the great Australian bushland, We take you on a journey through this ever changing landscape. We mix with the locals and see Australia as you have never seen it before! We begin our journey to our Nations’ Capital - Canberra. Today we discover the home of the Australian Story. See national attractions and hidden gems. The city’s national museums and attractions hold and share the treasures of our nation. This evening we spend the night at an authentic Aussie farm stay property and experience true Australian hospitality amongst native (and not so native) wildlife. You will not forget this!! Continue through Victoria’s unfamiliar territory to the historic gold mining town of Beechworth. It’s magnificently preserved heritage buildings and mouth-watering local gourmet produce makes this stop one for the senses. Learn about Australia’s fascinating bushrangers (outlaws) as you travel to Powers Lookout - what a great place for that postcard picture! Immerse yourself in a local wildlife rescue project that is sure to touch your heart. Land in Mansfield, the foothills of the Great Dividing Range before heading to Bonnie Doon, where you really can feel the serenity Drive through the Kinglake district and witness the rejuvenated scenic landscape of stunning eucalyptus forests Next stop - Melbourne!!
- Depart Sydney for the drive through to Canberra
- Learn about Canberra’s history at the National Capital Exhibition, Common wealth Park
- Parliament House - home of the Australian Prime Minister via Yarralumla Embassy District
- Mt Ainslie Lookout for a perfect view of Canberra`s distinctive layout
- Stop and take a moment at the Australian War Memorial
- Take a photo in famous Wagga Wagga and the Murrumbidgee River
- Overnight stay at authentic Farm Stay!Get a realistic insight into an everyday Aussie Farming family! This will be a highlight!
- We visit the towns of Beechworth (freetime)
- Powers Lookout learn the story of how the infamous Bushranger ‘Ned Kelly’ came to be
- Tolmie - visit an Australian Animal Welfare Shelter in beautiful High Country surroundings
- We stop in Mansfield, the foothills on the ‘Great Dividing Range’ for afternoon tea
- Take a scenic drive through Kinglake and the serenity of Bonnie Doon
- Next stop - Melbourne!!
Hanericka Farmstay - Yerong Creek is an award-winning, sixth generation wheat, sheep and cattle property in southern NSW. The farmstay accommodation is family-friendly with fresh, clean and comfortable rooms. All linen is made-up on beds and towels are provided. Enjoy the view from your room overlooking the wide expanse of farm fields stretched out before you. All rooms have heaters and electric blankets in winter and fans in summer
Trusted by travellers since 1979
We guarantee to beat any price
Low deposits, Book now. Pay later.
24/7/365 Help on the road
Trip Name: 2 day Australian High Country Tour (Sydney to Melbourne)
Duration: 2 Days
From Price: $274
Supplier Tour ID: AUSMSY/158809
We will be in touch shortly
Date of Birth: